Itstartedin82 is Tim Coon's weekly updated personal weblog that is used to document his current freelance work, sketch book, and other forms art that he is currently working on. If you would like to contact Tim for a commission you may email him at tcoon@itstartedin82.com or go to his website itstartedin82.com and fill out the contact form on the website.

All work on this site is property of Tim Coon and cannot be used without his consent.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Beach Mural

This is a mural I started painting two weekends ago. Last weekend I got pretty sick so I wasn't able to work on it. So finally last night I could go work on it. I drew everything free hand with a white sharpie paint pen to get the ruff layout starting with the main background pieces. Then I will add in the cartoon characters after all the back ground is colored. I plan on adding a starfish, crab, and a shark or a turtle. 

This is how far I got two weeks ago.
I finished up the leafs on the tree last night.
It is starting to look like a beach scene. The wave is going to be the next thing I paint and it should turn out really cool. 

It was hard to take these pictures cause the light for the room was right in the middle. That is what caused the weird glow. I will try to take some more pictures during the day.

1 comment: