Itstartedin82 is Tim Coon's weekly updated personal weblog that is used to document his current freelance work, sketch book, and other forms art that he is currently working on. If you would like to contact Tim for a commission you may email him at tcoon@itstartedin82.com or go to his website itstartedin82.com and fill out the contact form on the website.

All work on this site is property of Tim Coon and cannot be used without his consent.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Tyson

I was lazy today after my meetings and kind of zoned out at lunch. Somehow I managed to fit in a 10 maybe 15 minute sketch of one of the hardest hitting boxers. Mike Tyson! My goal is to loosen up my drawings. Stop drawing what I see but more the muscles and structure of the character or object.
When I started drawing I noticed I was still drawing the same way. So I drew it again right next to the first one and exaggerated more as I built the character. I tried to keep more shapes than forming the shape.
The more cartoon style one looks more like the real Tyson, then the first one. Probably cause I already drew it once so I noticed the main features more. Then the second time around I knew what to stretch and pull to add character to the sketch.


No comments:

Post a Comment