Itstartedin82 is Tim Coon's weekly updated personal weblog that is used to document his current freelance work, sketch book, and other forms art that he is currently working on. If you would like to contact Tim for a commission you may email him at tcoon@itstartedin82.com or go to his website itstartedin82.com and fill out the contact form on the website.

All work on this site is property of Tim Coon and cannot be used without his consent.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Park Avenue Part 9 - FINISHED!

After a full day of work on Monday plus an hour of overtime. (A little extra cash is always nice.) I decided to head over to the shop and finish this beast of a painting. When I got to the shop I couldn’t find my supplies. So 30 minutes later Sarah and Johnny showed up to help me look. They were just moved under the sink. I am a dork. While I waited I did some clean up removing pencil lines and any tape I missed. After I chatted it up with Johnny for a bit I got down to work. First hit the painting with the brush doing some of the finer details and after I finished that I used the sponge to add a little more texture and age look to the buildings. 2 or 3 hours later I was DONE! WOO HOO!…… I started in July and finished in October. Sounds like a really long time, but it actually only took 9 days. I could only work about one day a week on this and a couple of the weeks I already made plans. This was a huge piece 19 feet wide and 8 feet high that is 152 square feet. WOW! That is my biggest painting by far. So working a full time job and 5 - 10 hours of overtime a week, 3 months isn't that bad. I think it turned out great I hope everyone enjoys it.




No comments:

Post a Comment